To celebrate the 50th anniversary of both Nissan’s GT-R & Italdesign, Nissan collaborated with the Italian car experts to create the ultimate iteration of their iconic sports car which has been dubbed the GT-R50.The prototype is based on the MY18 R35 GT-R NISMO expounding on the vehicle’s base attributes with bespoke detailing inside & out.
A hand-assembled 3.8-liter twin-turbo V6 features NISMO upgrades with larger turbos & intercoolers alongside beefed-up pistons, connecting rods & bearings ensures the car can hit 710 hp at 7100 rpm with ease.
Whilst Italdesign developed, engineered & constructed the car. The distinctive crisp exterior & interor designs originated from Nissan’s design centres in London & San Diego. Key features include a pronounced power bulge on the hood, streteched LED headlights, lowered roofline & prominent ‘samurai blade’ cooling outlets behind the front wheels.
The car is as easy on the eyes as it is fast with a “Liquid Kinetic Gray” paint job accented by “Energetic Sigma Gold” & custom 21-inch wheels. Inside a carbon-finished center console & black Alcantara & leather upholstery create an air of subdued elegance.
- Base Vehicle – Nissan GT-R NISMO
- Overall Length – 4784mm / 188.3 inches.
- Overall Width – 1992mm / 78.4 inches.
- Overall Height – 1316mm / 51.8 inches.
- Wheelbase – 2780mm / 109/4 inches.
- Engine – 3.8L VR38DETT by NISMO.
- Driveline – Mid-mounted front engine / rear transaxle ATTESSA E-TS all-wheel-drive.
- Gearbox – Reinforced dual-clutch sequential 6 speed rear transaxle.
- Suspension – BILSTEIN DampTronic I damping system.
- Brakes – BREMBO 2 piece floating drilled disc. Front 6 piston monoblock caliper; 390 x 326mm. Rear 4 piston monoblock caliper 380 x 30mm. Wheels – Front 21 x 10J; Rear 21 x 10.5J
The GT-R50 will premiere in Europe next month.