GTROC Silverstone Trackday Aftermath – 25/10/2015

• nurburgringgtr
    Participant

Just to let you all know that this is NOT the last trackday of 2015 as we have the Pre Christmas Silverstone GP event on 5th December at an estimated cost of below £250.00.

Because of the time of year we will not be staying in the Snoozebox but the Green Man Premier Inn which is currently at £39.00 for two adults in one room. I have booked mine already so get in there fast before they realise that there is a track event on and the prices go up.

See you all over the weekend

7 years, 1 month ago
  • nurburgringgtr
    Participant

Just to let you all know that this is NOT the last trackday of 2015 as we have the Pre Christmas Silverstone GP event on 5th December at an estimated cost of below £250.00.

Because of the time of year we will not be staying in the Snoozebox but the Green Man Premier Inn which is currently at £39.00 for two adults in one room. I have booked mine already so get in there fast before they realise that there is a track event on and the prices go up.

See you all over the weekend

7 years, 1 month ago
    evo9lution
    Participant

Thanks to John for organising another fantastic track day. I really enjoyed it and benefited from some great instruction from Jake Hill – thanks Jake!

It was nice to see so many mates again and also make a few new ones :thumb:

Shame what happened to the two 911s but hopefully everybody was OK.

It was also great to see my first LaFerrari in the metal; especially lapping around the circuit :thumb:

7 years, 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Fantastic day, started out greasy and cold, but lunchtime onwards, the sunshine was great, car was running pukka, toyo’s were excellent!
    Thanks for organising John, great to meet and talk to the variety of GTR owners:thumb:

7 years, 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks to John Miskin for a superb day, and to Jake for some top tuition. Looking forward to the next one. Top effort.

7 years, 1 month ago
    monkeynuts
    Participant

Thanks to John for organising another fantastic track day. I really enjoyed it and benefited from some great instruction from Jake Hill – thanks Jake!

It was nice to see so many mates again and also make a few new ones :thumb:

Shame what happened to the two 911s but hopefully everybody was OK.

It was also great to see my first LaFerrari in the metal; especially lapping around the circuit :thumb:

Pictures to Follow Daz ………………………..a la Fezza

7 years, 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yussum brill day ! Sarted off very very very slippy esp on brand new R888’s that were not rubbered in, but helped to dry the track out and then about midday the sun shone, there was no wind to help dry out the track, but we got there and all GTROC members had a fantastic day cumulating in Mathew (baby Blue Smurf) Gary and myself having one of those purple momenta and nose to tailing it around Silverstone for the last 4 laps of our day. :jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw:

As Daz says, Thanks to Mr M (black death car now) for a well sorted day, some Porsches will have sore heads and wallets :bump2::bump2::bump2:

7 years, 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Great day for all involved. Thanks again to M1SKN for organizing it.

7 years, 1 month ago
    nurburgringgtr
    Participant

I think it was one of the best ones we have had with no incidents apart from a minor oil leak and some high tranny temperatures (my car!)

I would like to thank everyone who took my charity auction guests out as they had a fabulous day as well and gave £1,000 to Lawrence Home palliative charity.

I will be launching the December 5th trackday when I get a minute

Thanks to everyone that came and had a SAFE trackday and my commiserations to the Porsche drivers who filled the skips!

7 years, 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Waiting for Dec 5th to appear in the shop… :)

7 years, 1 month ago
    nurburgringgtr
    Participant

It is coming but I am still negotiating a few items
    Will be up this week – promise!

7 years, 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Already booked my hotel :D

7 years, 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I took one of your guests out, if you do a charity auction again let me know and I will contribute a full days worth of passenger laps.

I gave a few passenger laps to random people on Sunday, if I had known you had paying guests I would of helped you out with some seat time.

I think it was one of the best ones we have had with no incidents apart from a minor oil leak and some high tranny temperatures (my car!)

I would like to thank everyone who took my charity auction guests out as they had a fabulous day as well and gave £1,000 to Lawrence Home palliative charity.

I will be launching the December 5th trackday when I get a minute

Thanks to everyone that came and had a SAFE trackday and my commiserations to the Porsche drivers who filled the skips!

7 years, 1 month ago
    nurburgringgtr
    Participant

You helped plenty Matthew, many thanks

7 years, 1 month ago
    evo9lution
    Participant

Sorry John, I never ended up taking anyone out (had Scott or Jake in the car each time I went out). I’ll make sure that I take some out in December :thumb:

7 years, 1 month ago
    nurburgringgtr
    Participant

No problems Daz, they all had a great day

7 years, 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yussum brill day ! Sarted off very very very slippy esp on brand new R888’s that were not rubbered in, but helped to dry the track out and then about midday the sun shone, there was no wind to help dry out the track, but we got there and all GTROC members had a fantastic day cumulating in Mathew (baby Blue Smurf) Gary and myself having one of those purple momenta and nose to tailing it around Silverstone for the last 4 laps of our day. :jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw:

That last session was really good fun, especially getting into it with Steve and Gary, myself and Gary had a little race down the straights starting at 8mins in this vid

7 years, 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Baby Smurf, you’ll have to tell me how to upload a vid as I have the rear end views of both yours and Gary’s cars and our epic “race” to the end, it was one of the best sessions I have had at SS ;););)

7 years, 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Go here

https://www.youtube.com/upload

Drag the video file onto the centre of the screen and it should upload it.

7 years, 1 month ago
    nurburgringgtr
    Participant

Next trackday in the shop and launched on both forums

December 5th with a Christmas social at the Green Man on the 4th evening

7 years, 1 month ago
Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.