The Official Skyline & GTR Festival Aftermath Thread

• Anonymous
    Inactive

Add your photos & comments here people & hope everyone had a superb weekend at the Silverstone Classic :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2485[/ATTACH]
    image.jpg

Attachments:
    7 years, 4 months ago
  • integra
    Participant

Really good pics mate ,thanks.
    Not least because mines actually in them! :-)

7 years, 4 months ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Great pics guys especially of John and Mary, any idea how many skylines and GTRs were there?

Would have loved to join in but I was/am currently doing penance for the wife letting me attend the Eurotour! A week in the Algarve with the family, 30 degrees and cloudless skies, its a hard life…

7 years, 4 months ago
    gijsje

My video of the parade lap
    https://youtu.be/vcAJNBmK9VM

7 years, 4 months ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Great video and nice to see you had some nice company with the Middlehurst Group A car and Ron Kiddell’s Winfield Replica.

7 years, 4 months ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I could with pictures of best R33 & R34 – was there a Stagea or 35 option too? – for FB.

7 years, 4 months ago
    Jack Roberts
    Participant

Brill pics also from Dr Meat – maybe something to do with his new fancy Nikon.

It’ll be really good to see all of the lovely cars and folks soon – plus Dr Meat’s dog (now GTROC mascot) which hasn’t been seen since the Ace earlier this year.:concern:

7 years, 4 months ago
    evo9lution
    Participant

Great pics guys especially of John and Mary, any idea how many skylines and GTRs were there?

Thirty-two 32s Dylan but I’m not sure how many of the others there were but I think that we had 73 cars on the Saturday on total, or something similar.

7 years, 4 months ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I could with pictures of best R33 & R34 – was there a Stagea or 35 option too? – for FB.

Thanks to everyone who voted, managed to get the Best R35 award :)

The pictures that my son has are these:

Attachments:
    7 years, 4 months ago
    Dr Meat
    Participant

Brill pics also from Dr Meat – maybe something to do with his new fancy Nikon.

It’ll be really good to see all of the lovely cars and folks soon – plus Dr Meat’s dog (now GTROC mascot) which hasn’t been seen since the Ace earlier this year.:concern:

Thanks Jack, I’m still learning how to use the camera. Bronson is missing seeing all the GTR’s and is on holiday for the next Ace café meeting which he is not happy about. But he would love a R34 GTR badge for his collar :cheesygrin:

7 years, 4 months ago
    Jack Roberts
    Participant

Thanks Jack, I’m still learning how to use the camera. Bronson is missing seeing all the GTR’s and is on holiday for the next Ace café meeting which he is not happy about. But he would love a R34 GTR badge for his collar :cheesygrin:

A pristine R34 boot badge, 84896-AA400, is yours for nothing.

Bronson may have to buy me a coffee when he next appears at the Ace.:D

7 years, 4 months ago
    Dr Meat
    Participant

A pristine R34 boot badge, 84896-AA400, is yours for nothing.

Bronson may have to buy me a coffee when he next appears at the Ace.:D

Well it appears Bronson is now attracting Sponsorship in his new roll:highly_amused:

7 years, 4 months ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What a great this event was, thank you for having me (not GTR owner) it was great to get to chat to some of you despite such a busy day.

Did my car get any votes? haha

7 years, 4 months ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Glad you had a fantastic day.
    I wasn’t there myself as I was away that weekend but people are adding photos all the time.
    In terms of the voting I doubt any records were kept once the winners were announced,but maybe someone else can come along & help.

Just to let you know that it doesn’t matter that your Skyline wasn’t a GTR. When the club was formed in 2004 we were aware that Nissan would be dropping the Skyline name, so hence we kept the GTR.
    As a club we cater for ‘ALL” Skylines & Stagea’s regardless of their marquee & of course the current R35 & beyond.
    The purpose of the day despite being organised by the GTROC was for “ALL” clubs & owners to come together to celebrate the legendary brand & history which I think I can say was successfully done :thumb:

7 years, 4 months ago
    Jps
    Participant

Cool set of photogrtaphs Dr Meat……thanks. :hi5:

I took loads of photographs of all the Skylines, 100’s of photographs in fact – but not 1 of Shrek! :apologetic: Very pleased you caught a few – and good composition too!

7 years, 4 months ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Lets see your photos then dude !!!

7 years, 4 months ago
    Blue34
    Participant

What an amazing weekend! I would like to Thank all that was involved in the mammoth task of planning and pulling off such an amazing weekend, especially Ross and the big boss Penny. The parade lap was awesome, something I am very pleased that I was part of. Also the amount and quality of cars that turned out was nothing I have ever experienced before, but it would of been nice to see a few more R34’s!
    I would also like to say what a great Hospitality team Nissan sent to represent the company, a massive thumbs up to Eddie and Pedro for making everyone feel welcome and all the coffee.

Nice post, agree that 34s seem to be much fewer these days. I think a good few have gone abroad. Usually a few at the London Ace Cafe meets.. Yours is a great example.

7 years, 4 months ago
    davewilkins
    Participant

Coverage on ITV4 at 8pm tonight

7 years, 4 months ago
    evo9lution
    Participant

Just got an e-mail about it :thumb:

Woo Hoo! My car’s now a TV star!!! :)

Well, maybe just about qualified as an extra

7 years, 4 months ago

just seen mine…….. :)

7 years, 3 months ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Woo Hoo! My car’s now a TV star!!! :)

Well, maybe just about qualified as an extra

It only qualifies as being a tv star when driven at 160 mph in the wet by Tim Shaw screaming like an Essex tart having her first orgasm.

7 years, 3 months ago
    KeithB

Had no idea it was going to be on tv but happy to see my car ;-) Many thanks to Ross and Penny for another great year and what a diiference from last year lol. A few pics…..mostly from Chris, my son. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3048[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3049[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3050[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3051[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3052[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3053[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3054[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3055[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3056[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3057[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3060[/ATTACH]

7 years, 3 months ago

attachments dont work

7 years, 3 months ago
    KeithB

sorry messed that up by the looks

7 years, 3 months ago
    evo9lution
    Participant

It only qualifies as being a tv star when driven at 160 mph in the wet by Tim Shaw screaming like an Essex tart having her first orgasm.

I think I’ll pass at that!

7 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.